Happy August! It’s exhausting with the heat and humidity. What have you been doing to stay cool? School may be starting back, but Summer is NOT over! We have great fun in August with the Olympics, football starting, festivals and great lake days continue. Here are our top 3 picks for August events in the Charlotte & Lake Norman areas.
Photo Cred: Bella Love
- August 12th, 6 – 10pm
- At Oak St Mill in Old Town Cornelius
- This event is casual, come when you can style. Grab some food from a food truck, a drink then sit and enjoy the variety of entertainment and local artisans.
- August 18thth, 7:30pm
- at the US National Whitewater Center
- We got to enjoy our first Jarekus Singleton show at the Double Door Inn and we were excited to hear they were coming back for River Jam. If you like blues/jam music, this is for you. Check out some of their stuff on YouTube.
- Check out our Local Highlight for more information on the whitewater center. They are celebrating 10 years on Aug 13th!
Photo from www.usnwc.org
- This one was postponed from July, due to the storms. Hopefully, it’ll be a little cooler too! (wishful thinking)
- August 20th, 4 – 9pm
- At Smithville Park in Old Town Cornelius
- In addition to the AMAZING Musical Talent, you’ll find: Silent Auction, Food Trucks, Local Craft Brewery D9 , Live Painting by Justin R. Christenbery, Local Artisans, and a Kid Zone sponsored by Lake Norman YMCA
- All of this is supporting the Smithville Community Coalition, raising funds to sponsor a week of summer camp to local qualified applicants
Visit the FB event page for more info
Keep an eye on our Facebook page to see more of what we share throughout the month.
Want us to highlight your event? Contact us