We are approaching one of my favorite times of year. The temperature will begin cooling to enjoy cool nights on a fabulous patio somewhere. Pumpkin flavored everything. Apple harvest. Grape harvest…learn what this means on our local highlight <here>. Here are our top 3 picks for September events in the Charlotte & Lake Norman areas…and a few extras we had to mention.
Photo Credit: Logo from yiasoufestival.org
- September 8th (11am-9pm), 9th/10th (11am-10pm), 11th (12-8pm)
- At Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 600 East Boulevard
- Festival admission is $3.00
- One of the best festivals in Charlotte, four days of fun, food and a great cultural experience. My favorite is the drive-thru that you can pickup the yummy food each day, but I highly recommend enjoying the entire festival activities at least once.
- They have Greek wine tasting, authentic food and amazing pastries, entertainment, cathedral tours, exhibits, lectures, art and shopping. Stay up-to-date on the event Facebook page.
- September 17th, 2-8pm
- at Oak Street Mill & around Old Town Cornelius
- This festival only happens twice a year, Spring & Fall.
- You get to stroll through the Old Town Cornelius area and check out local vendors, artists, enjoy great music & entertainment on two stages. Craft beer is available and with fall comes all the pumpkin craft brews…yay!! Always a great assortment of food trucks (10 of them!) to feed the crowd.
Photo credit: from event Facebook page
- September 24th, 5-10pm
- At Langtree at the Lake
- Hosted by the Lake Norman Wildlife Conservationists
- Buy tickets in advanced on Eventbrite – $50 general & $100 VIP
- All proceeds benefit LNWC, a non-profit
Big Month…honorable mentions:
Keep an eye on our Facebook page to see more of what we share throughout the month.
Want us to highlight your event? Contact us